This article will help you to talk about your routine in Chinese including getting up, breakfast, work, lunch, going home, dinner, and sleep.
Remember the key words from last time in GREEN:
- Zăoshang – early morning
- Shàngwŭ – morning
- Zhōngwŭ – noon
- Xiàwŭ – afternoon
- Wănshang – evening
New phrases in ORANGE:
- Qĭchuáng (get up)
- Chī Zăofàn (have breakfast)
- Gōngzuò (work)
- Chī Wŭfàn (have lunch)
- Huí jiā (go home)
- Chī Wănfàn (have dinner)
- Shuìjiào (go to bed)
Try to spot the numbers we learned and times of the day in these sentences:
- Wŏ zăoshang liù diǎn qĭchuáng. (I get up at 6 in the morning).
- Wŏ zăoshang qī diǎn chī zăofàn. (I have the breakfast at 7 in the morning).
- Wŏ shàngwŭ jiǔ diǎn gōngzuò. (I go to work at 9 in the morning).
- Wŏ zhōngwŭ shí’èr diǎn chī wŭfàn. (I have the lunch at 12).
- Wŏ xiàwŭ liù diǎn huí jiā. (I go home at 6 in the afternoon).
- Wŏ wănshang bā diǎn chī wănfàn. (I have dinner at 8 in the evening).
- Wŏ wănshang shíyī diǎn shuìjiào. (I go to sleep at 11 in the evening).
Play this missing word game and fill in the gaps: Here are some possible answers:
wǒ zǎoshɑng … diǎn qǐchuáng, … diǎn chī zǎofàn, shàngwǔ … diǎn gōngzuò, zhōngwǔ … diǎn chī wǔfàn, xiàwǔ … diǎn huíjiā, wǎnshɑng … diǎn chī wǎnfàn, ect.
Construct these sentences in Chinese, and say what time it is now?
It’s 3:00 in the afternoon now. I get up at 6:00 in the morning. I have the breakfast at 8:00 in the morning. I go home at 5:00 in the afternoon. I have dinner at 7:00 in the evening. I go to sleep at 11:00 in the evening. ect.
Featured image supplied free from Pixabay.
Copyright © 2016 Zoë-Marie Beesley
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.